For wedding guests, there’s nothing quite as welcoming as arriving in their hotel room to find a basket filled with luxurious gifts. Luxury welcome baskets set the tone for the festivities that follow. They show your appreciation for friends and family who have traveled to be with you. And, if you’re planning a destination wedding, they’re also a wonderful way to give your guests a taste of what the location has to offer! Even if you’re not planning a destination wedding, I would highly recommend giving a welcome gift to your out-of-town guests. It’s a thoughtful gesture that shows how thankful you are that they’re there.
One of the bespoke services Alejandra Poupel Events offers to our clients is custom luxury welcome baskets. Each of these is carefully curated, depending on the client and the wedding theme and location. Everything is done for you. We present shopping ideas for luxury gifts, from electronics to beauty products. We then purchase them on your behalf and deliver them to your guests – beautifully displayed, of course!
What goes into a welcome basket?
There are a few elements that a good wedding welcome basket should always contain. The first is a wedding weekend itinerary, with all the details guests need to know. For example, the locations of each pre- and post-wedding event, dress codes, concierge information, etc. You can combine this with a city guide and tuck everything into a stylish custom sleeve. We have a wonderful selection available. They include both paper city guides and digital guides delivered via an app guests download to their phones. You can also present guests with a fun newspaper with your love story, interviews, and highlights of your lives together.
The basket should also contain a combination of practical and fun goodies. For example:
- Bottled water. Help your guests keep hydrated with a customized bottle of Evian water (available in either 30cl or 75cl sizes).
- Sweet treats. It’s a good idea to include some sweet treats for your guests to indulge in. For example, a box of Pierre Hermé macarons, a personalized chocolate bar, or a box of fine French chocolates. Other options are luxury biscuits or a beautiful box or cone filled with candies. You could even present guests with a chocolate bouquet – a gourmet treat that will delight young and old!
- Souvenirs or locally made gifts. Some of our favorite ideas include a Rodin sculpture reproduction, beautiful custom silk scarves, personalized notebooks, and L’Occitane hand creams. Or how about a spectacular ‘eternal rose’ in a special gift box or glass cocon? Another idea for the ladies is to include a beautiful pouch with a scarf or pashmina inside.
- Practical essentials. There’s nothing more frustrating than running out of power when you’re away from home! A power bank is always a welcome gift. Other travel essentials include a USA to EU plug adaptor or a luggage scale. If you’re planning a French Riviera destination wedding, a good idea is to include a personalized summer hat or cap.
- Hangover help. Sore heads the morning after will really appreciate a recovery kit containing essentials like eye patches, paracetamol, and blister bandages. A customized ‘do not disturb’ door hanger is also a fun (and useful!) addition.
How you present your luxury gift basket is another consideration. We have lots of wonderful options, from tote bags to quality boxes tied with custom Sinjerac ribbon.
Whatever you choose for your luxury welcome baskets, it’s sure to make your guests feel cherished. It’s the best way to get your wedding weekend off to a memorable start!
Top image by Joel Serrato